Returns & Terms and conditions
Returns Policy & Terms and conditions
- Cancelling an order and returning an item In accordance with the Distance Selling Regulations (2000) and Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) (Amendment) Regulations, 2005; you have the right to cancel your non-prescription order up to 14 days after you've received your item.
- All non prescription products must be returned in “as new” condition, be unworn and returned with all cases, cloths and presentation boxes in the original condition.
- All cancellations or returns must be notified in writing or by email.
- Prescription orders maybe cancelled within 24 hours of the order being placed. After this point we will commence work on the order and as these are bespoke items, cannot be cancelled.
- All refunds will be processed via the original payment method and will be processed within 14 days of receipt of the goods. It is the responsibility of the customer the ensure items reach us safely and undamaged. It is the customers responsibility to cover the cost of any return postage and insurances. If there is an error on our part or manufacturing fault these postal charge will be refunded but only apply to these specific occurrences. We advise a trackable and insured postal method such as Royal Mail Special delivery. Unfortunately we can take no responsibility for items that may be lost or damaged in transit.
- Designer Glasses Company will assume responsibility for the goods only after they are safely delivered to the returns address below. Please ensure all returns are sent with an original copy of the order confirmation and a covering note. Failure to include these may delay the process. Please make address returns to: Designer Glasses Company 33 London Road Stockton Heath Warrington WA4 6SG .
- None Prescription Eyewear We accept returns on non prescription eyewear as long as the returns criteria above are met. We will refund the cost of the product but not postage costs. Prescription Eyewear. We are unable to accept back prescription eyewear as these are bespoke items made to specific requirements. If you are unsure about a frame we advise ordering as a frame only option and then lenses can be ordered via the reglaze option of our site.
- Faulty/Damaged Eyewear On delivery of your frames please check the package for damage before signing. Once signed the Royal Mail will consider the item delivered in good order.
- All eyewear is supplied with a manufacturers warranty of at least 12 months. If you discover a fault please contact us so we can then help resolve any issues as quickly as possible. Please do not attempt to repair your frame as this will void any warranties
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By completing your order you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and confirming agreement that:
- You are aged over 18 years old and are legally able to purchase prescription spectacles from The Designer Glasses Company.
- You confirm that you are not registered partially sighted or blind, and are not purchasing spectacles for the use of a child under the age of 16.
- You agree to provide any details reasonably requested by The Designer Glasses Company to confirm the above details.
- You agree to use your correct personal details and address when making a purchase.
- You are supplying us with accurate prescription details that were prescribed within the last 2 years. If you are unsure please do not enter your prescription. Contact us and we will offer advice.
All items on our site are available subject to availability. If we are out of stock of an item we will advise you by email of any potential delay. If this is unacceptable we will offer an alternative product or cancel the order and refund any monies paid. However, we will not be responsible for any damage or losses that you may suffer if we fail to supply goods.
By Law, we are not allowed to supply spectacles to under-16 year old wearers nor to registered partially sighted or blind people. By agreeing to our terms and conditions you are confirming you do not fall into any of these categories or intend to supply any purchase to such a person.
Prices displayed on our site or related literature or advertising are correct at the time of display. We reserve the right to alter prices from time to time without notice. However, once we have accepted your completed order (orders are accepted and confirmed at the point that payment is taken), we will not change the price that applies to such order. All of our prices are inclusive of VAT. We reserve the right to cancel an order at our discretion. In this instance we will notify the customer by email and refund any monies in full.
Unless an alternate method for shipping is selected, all purchases are despatched Royal Mail 1st Class post, the cost of which is included in the price. We shall endeavour to deliver basic spectacles within 7 -10 working days (10-14 working days for rimless or half rim). The addition of bifocals, coatings and specialist lenses may result in an increase in this period.
Unless specially agreed, we will only supply spectacles with lenses of a spherical power between +12.00 and –12.00 (dioptres) and a cylindrical power between +8.00 and –8.00 dioptres.
We accept payment by credit/debit cards detailed on our payment page.
All credit and charge card payments are subject to validation and authorisation by the card issuer. If your card issuer refuses to authorise payment, we will not be liable for any non-delivery or delay.
The input of your credit card details and transmission of such data is your responsibility and we will not be held responsible for delays or errors caused by such.
Payments will be processed and completed at the point of order. In the instance of unacceptable delays, outside of our normal delivery terms the payment may be refunded.
Frame only purchases
If you are unhappy with your purchase for any reason please return them within 7 calendar days of receipt and we will guarantee to rectify any problem. If we cannot do this we will issue a refund to the value of your purchase. Any refunds will be processed within 14 working days of receipt of the returned item.
We do not refund any postal fees (where a free postage option is selected this will carry a value of £4.95 on any returned item unless there is a fault with the product).
Unfortunately we cannot refund any customised orders such as prescription orders, varifocal or specially made frames. We do not refund any postal fees (where a free postage option is selected this will carry a value of £4.95 on ay returned item unless there is a fault with the product).
In the instance there is a fault with the product we will refund the cost of return. In all instances it is the customer’s responsibility to return the item, and where appropriate a refund will be applied for postage fees.
Please note we cannot accept returns on custom Oakley sunglasses / frames, Tag Heuer bespoke, or any item that has been modified from the standard range available.
We will always endeavour to resolve any issues to the satisfaction of the customer where possible. Returns must be received undamaged/ unworn and in \'as new\' condition. All the original packaging must also be returned to be eligible .If you have any queries regarding our returns policy please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org .We would advise you return them by recorded mail and would ask you to email us prior to doing so. Your rights to return goods are protected under the EU Distance Selling Directive which can be found at http://www.hmso.gov.uk/si/si2000/20002334.htm.
Frames will be despatched in standard fitting. These may require subtle adjustments to attain a secure and comfortable fit. This can easily achieved at the local Opticians for a nominal fee, if any. As spectacle frames will move with wear and tear we also recommend regular adjustments every few months to maintain the fit and integrity of the frames.
All frame orders will need to be signed for on delivery. By signing for your order you are accepting that the goods have been delivered and are in acceptable condition. We would recommend checking the contents prior to signing acceptance of the goods. If there are any physical problems with your order (damage, items missing) we must be notified as soon as possible and no later than 24 hours after the goods are delivered. Notification of issues should be emailed to email@example.com . After this 24 hour period orders will be considered to have been received in a condition that was acceptable to the purchaser. After this period our 12 month manufacturing warranty will apply. If there is an issue with your order that is due to a manufacturing defect within the first 12 months please contact us by email or telephone with the details. If a repair or parts require fitting we will require the frames to be returned so any work can be carried out by our technicians. This will be done as a matter of priority and as quickly as possible and the item returned. Please note that scratched lenses or cracked/broken lenses are not covered by any warranty.
If you are supplying your own frame to have lenses refitted, we will inspect the frame prior to glazing. We can take no responsibility for the condition of the frame and occasionally breakages and/or damage may occur due to previous wear & tear. Any damage or breakage to a pre owned frame is at the customers own risk.
Goods purchased from The Designer Glasses Company are subject to English Law.
Nothing in these terms and conditions is to be taken to exclude or restrict any rights which applicable law grants to you in respect of such goods. Individual goods may be the subject of additional warranties or guarantees given by their manufacturers directly to you.
We do not accept any responsibility and will not be liable for any damage to the goods caused by you.
We shall not be liable to any person for any damage or loss that may arise from the use of any goods advertised on our site.
These terms and conditions are subject to change at any time without prior notice to you. These terms and conditions apply to all orders placed with The Designer Glasses Company electronically, by telephone or in writing.